Syllabus for SBI Clerk 2021: SBI Clerk syllabus 2021 is very similar to any other bank exam. There are three major sections Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and English Language. It is advised that candidates must have a glance at the previous year’s papers and understand the weightage of each topic. Before going through the SBI Clerk Syllabus. Before planning for the exam, aspirants should get themselves well-known with the SBI Clerk 2021 syllabus. The syllabus will assist aspirants to think out preparation plans for the examination. Check SBI Clerk Syllabus 2021 PDF download below.
SBI Clerk Syllabus: Highlights
|Name of the Exam
|Mode of Exam
|Language of Question
|Bilingual except for the English Language
|Nature of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|No. of Questions
|Duration of Test
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021: For Prelims
|No. of Question
SBI Clerk Syllabus for Prelims Exam
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus
The preliminary examination syllabus of SBI Clerk 2021 will comprise of Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability and English Language. Here is the detailed syllabus:
|Numerical Ability Syllabus
|English Language Syllabus
|Profit & Loss
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
|Work & Time
|Fill in the blanks
|Time & Distance
|Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
|Sequence & Series
|Permutation, Combination &Probability
SBI Clerk Syllabus for Mains Exam
The Mains Examination of SBI Clerk exam 2021 will constitute 4 sections: Reasoning & Computer Awareness, General English, General/Financial Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude. The complete syllabus is discussed below:
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021: For Mains
|No. of Question
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
|2 hours 40 minutes
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus 2021
|Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
|General English Syllabus
|General/Financial Awareness Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability Syllabus
|Computer Awareness Syllabus
|Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms
|Current Affairs – news on the banking industry, awards, and honors, books, and authors, latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
|Basics of Computer: Hardware, Software, Generation of Computers
|Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
|Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, etc.
|Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
|Banking and Financial Awareness
|Time & Distance, Work
|Profit & Loss
|Simple and Compound Interest
|Mixture and Allegations
|Statement and Assumptions
|Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Percentages
Highlights of SBI Clerk 2021 Exam
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for incorrect answers recorded in the SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains Exam 2021.
- The SBI Clerk Exam will contain Multiple Choice Questions in both Mains and Prelims exam.
- The questions in objective examinations, except for the examination of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
- The SBI Clerk 2021 Result will be issued independently for the Prelims and the Mains exam.
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2021 Exam?
- Primary thing is to have in mind that the competition there is as per the number of openings, cut off. The next step should be to understand the previous year’s drift of the questions asked along with the exam pattern of the selective exam.
- Create a list of topics for the exam you’re looking for, using the syllabus. After this, you must list down the topics you require to dedicate time to declining orders.
- Practice Mock Tests regularly.
- Fet daily updates on current affairs will be effective.
- Preparation should involve finishing all the tasks (topics), wherein at the end, you can answer all types of problems of each level. The complexity level of the exam needs to be included too.
Syllabus for SBI Clerk 2021: FAQs
Q. What is the syllabus for the SBI Clerk?
A. The syllabus of SBI Clerk includes subjects from English language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability for prelims exam, and General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Ability for the mains examination.
Q. Does the SBI Clerk syllabus vary every year?
A. The SBI Clerk syllabus continues the same every year.
Q. Who directs the SBI Clerk syllabus?
A. The syllabus for SBI Clerk is directed by the SBI.
Q. What is the marking scheme for SBI Clerk?
A. For the incorrect answer, 1/4th of the mark allowed for the question will be decreased.
Q. Is the syllabus of SBI Clerk identical to other banking exams?
A. All the banking examinations follow the equivalent syllabus.
Q. What is the time allotted for the SBI Clerk exam?
A. The prelims exam is handled for one hour while the mains exam is held for 2 hours 40 minutes.
Q. Which part of SBI Clerk is the most difficult?
A. The Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude section is usually difficult.
Q. Which section provides the maximum marks?
A. In the prelims exam, Reasoning and Numerical Ability provide the highest marks. In the mains exam, General/ Financial Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude carries the highest marks.
Q. Are mock tests important for SBI Clerk 2021 Preparation?
A. Yes, mock tests are necessary as it helps aspirants to know the level of their preparation.