Career After MBA in Marketing: Master of Business Administration (MBA) one of the prestigious degrees specially designed to teach the role and importance of marketing in the business world. Choosing MBA in Marketing specialization gives several career options like brand marketing, sales, various marketing channels, product management, leadership management skills, market research, consumer behavior, digital marketing jobs, and many more jobs. With the ongoing technological advancement, MBA marketing graduates can get so many good opportunities in the online as well as the offline world.
Career After MBA in Marketing
After finishing MBA in marketing, students have numerous career options available in the market. Marketing professionals can get below jobs in advertising companies, marketing companies, FMCG sector like Accenture, Amazon, Apple, Bain & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Capgemini, Citigroup, Deloitte, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, IndusInd Bank, India Infoline, JP Morgan, McKinsey, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Walt Disney, etc.
Top Recruiters hire MBA Marketing Candidate
Marketing professionals have abundant opportunities to work with reputed brands at an extremely sought-after job profile. Check the list of some of India’s biggest, and best marketing companies where MBA in marketing candidates get a Job.
- Bharti Airtel
- Hindustan Unilever
- Sony India
- Vodafone Plc.
- Tata Motors
- Hero Motor Corp
- Colgate Palmolive
- Maruti Udyog
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- L’Oreal India
- Johnson & Johnson
Best 10 Career Options after MBA in Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Development Manager
- Public Relation Manager
- SEO Manager
- Email Marketing Marketing
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
1. Marketing Manager
A marketing manager is accountable for conducting the promotion and positioning of a brand or the products and services that a company deals with. Typically marketing managers are hired to attract more consumers to buy from the company and to build brand awareness through the formulation of marketing campaigns.
- Estimating and optimizing marketing and pricing plans.
- Examining market drifts and preparing estimates.
- Creating new business leads.
- Building brand awareness and market share.
- Organizing marketing plans with the sales, financial, public relations, and production activities.
Marketing Managers have a salary package of 4-6 LPA. With the experience and enough skills, they can get a salary varying from 10-12 LPA.
2. Brand Manager
A Brand Manager is accountable for modifying a brand strategy for a company’s tMarjearget market. Brand managers manage brand integrity across all company marketing leadership and communications. Companies normally hire Brand Managers who have graduated from top B-schools. Their job profile involves making long-term plans, understanding the market, promotion, and publicity of the product.
- Leads a team of marketing people who work on brand leadership
- Works on measuring and reporting production of all marketing campaigns, and evaluate ROI and KPIs
- Manage new and continuing marketing and advertising activities
- Aligns the brand campaigns around the brand’s management
- Examine brand positioning and consumer insights.
Originally, Brand Managers take a salary package of 6-8 LPA. With the experience and enough skills, they can get a salary varying from 10-12 LPA.
3. Sales Manager
The key duty of a sales manager would be to assure that the sales team is reaching its objectives. They work on estimating and modifying the execution of the sales team, getting new and improved manners to drive sales.
- Training and development of the sales team.
- Establishing sales goals, analyzing the performance of the team to the brand purposes, and adjusting brand objects as required.
- Evaluating the current team processes and methods.
- Recognizing new opportunities for growth and executing changes.
- Give a complete and accurate sales forecast.
- Foster a competitive yet collaborative sales team situation
- Evaluate an individual’s performance through observation and analysis, and recommend corrective steps if required.
Sales Managers take a starting package of 5-7 lakhs per annum. With experience, they receive a salary package varying from 8-9 lakhs per annum.
4. Market Research Analyst
Market research analysts estimate consumer choices to help companies determine how to develop, promote, and market their products and services. Many market research analysts serve consulting firms.
Market Research Analyst Responsibilities
- Estimate methods for managing data, such as surveys, focus groups, questionnaires, and opinion polls.
- Display their findings to executives and clients through charts, graphs, and other visual means to help them make better-informed choices about product manuals, changes, and marketing campaigns.
- Understand the data they’ve collected, making this information into statistical tables and reports.
- Measure effectiveness of marketing plans and policies.
Market research Analysts take a starting package of 7-9 lakhs per annum. With experience, they receive a salary package varying from 10-15 lakhs per annum.
5. Business Development Manager
A business development manager is involved with the growth and expansion of an organization. They work towards identifying new business possibilities that can help in growing profits and improve the profitability of the company. As a business development manager strategize and plan the positioning in suitable areas, improve operations of the business or work towards developing the reliability of the brand.
- Recognizing new markets for extension, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services.
- Make a good connection with customers/clients.
- Implant strategic thinking – viewing the bigger picture and setting goals to develop and grow the business
- Explain the promotional plan and activities with the marketing department.
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the business world
Business Development Managers take a starting package of 5-7 lakhs per annum. With experience, they receive a salary package varying from 8-9 lakhs per annum.
6. Public Relation Manager
Public relations managers design and manage the production of material that will improve the public perception of their employer or client. Fundraising managers coordinate campaigns that make contributions to their organization.
- Improve their organization’s or client’s corporate image and status.
- Classify audiences and determine the best way to reach them
- Choose an appropriate spokesperson or knowledge source for media queries
- Advice clients to interact efficiently with the public.
- Write press releases and prepare data for the media.
- Support and notify an organization’s executives and spokespeople.
Public Relations Manager earn an average of 10-15 lakhs per annum.
7. SEO Manager
A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) manager is liable for maintaining the brand’s paid campaigns on search engines. The job description of an SEO Manager also involves managing display ads on Google.
- Investigating the market trends and making a report
- Collecting data and examining the same for campaigns
- Planning a campaign and executing the same
- Leading the performance while optimizing campaigns together
- Getting a list of keywords to execute in the website content.
SEO Managers take a starting package of 7-9 lakhs per annum. With experience, they receive a salary package varying from 10-15 lakhs per annum.
8. Email Marketing Manager
An Email Marketing Manager has to lead all policies related to email campaigns. The main duties of an email marketing manager consist of managing end-to-end email marketing campaigns, leading the email database, and focus on getting new consumers and retarget existing ones.
- Know the target audience and work on improving the email list
- Plan and implement several email campaigns to help in gaining leads
- Design email copies and create mobile-friendly templates
- Assuring accurate and immediate communication with customers
- Examining the email campaign performance and building developments as necessary.
Email Marketing Managers take a starting package of 5-7 lakhs per annum. With experience, they receive a salary package varying from 8-9 lakhs per annum.
9. Digital Marketing Manager
The digital marketing manager is responsible for managing digital marketing campaigns, right from coming up with a thought of performing the same. A digital marketing manager also works closely with the entire marketing team.
- Designing and executing a full digital marketing strategy, including email campaigns, display advertising campaigns, and more
- Planning, building and managing the social media presence of brands
- Estimating and reporting the performance of campaigns
- Classifying insights and trends.
- Digital marketing gets a starting package of 7-9 lakhs per annum. With experience, they take a salary package ranging from 10-15 lakhs per annum.
10. Social Media Manager
The role of a social media manager is to manage social media accounts across all channels such as Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook. The prime responsibility is to come up with eye-catching and engaging text copies, video, images, infographics, gifs, and more, to increase engagement and followers on social media sites.
- Researching trends and target audience
- Creating and implementing social media strategy that follows the goals of the business.
- Establishing objectives and creating an ROI report
- Creating, editing, publishing, and sharing content on daily basis.
- Controlling web traffic and SEO metrics.
Social media Managers take a starting package of 5-7 lakhs per annum. With experience, they receive a salary package varying from 10-15 lakhs per annum.
Salary after MBA in Marketing in India
Salary is an important factor to choose a career. In the marketing field, growth in salary figures can be obtained as and when you get experience. Here are the details of the salary that is given to Marketing professionals:
Level in organization
Salary (INR in Lakhs)
3- 10 Lakhs
8 – 15 Lakhs
15 – 30 Lakhs
20 – 50 Lakhs
What Can You Do With a Marketing MBA?
The marketing field is developing so fast, thanks to modern technologies that have drastically altered the way customers make purchases. The number of marketing jobs is steadily growing as well.
Some of the business sectors where most of the marketing jobs are:
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- Luxury Products and Services
- Digital Media
- Business Development
- Financial Services